Saturday, November 3, 2012

Drawing Diary: 28 and 29 October


28 October: Speaker
I had a little speak at my homechurch after the morning-service. About YWAM and about my work with there, and with Café UNO. The people applauded twice, and louder than I felt was necessary. It must have been the accoustics of the new builing. The church-culture at home has changed over the last years, it's clear when I visit the people only once every year. I don't know what it is changing into.

29 October: Dawing Practice
In the evening I did some drawing practice, from the pictures of the book "Uncle Tom's Cabin". I wanted to draw black people. I believe that one American president jokingly blamed Harriet Beecher Stowe (the author) for unchaining the civil war. Slavery is not over yet, there is still human trafficking, child-labour and child soldiers. Can someone today please write a novel that will revolutionizingly cut an end to any to these things. I know that "creating awareness" is only a part of the job.

No comments: